1. Take your bookings well in advance.Salon Christmas preparation can start early – in fact the earlier the better! Christmas is a busy period and it needs to be managed well. Make sure you think of everything so the salon continues to run smoothly. Clients will want to get ready for Christmas as early as possible too – so everyone wins.
2. Decorate your salon and get in a festive mood.This will give your clients a better experience. Pop on some Christmas tunes and make sure the playlist varied – you don’t want to annoy your clients! Encourage your staff to wear tinsel crowns or Santa hats and get ready for Christmas. Your display areas should look extra festive and full of sparkle to grab attention. Consider including some stocking filler items near the till.
3. Make sure stock levels are high enough.You want to be able to do any treatments that are scheduled in. Many brands bring out special Christmas gift sets in festive packaging. You don’t want to lose out on retail sales over Christmas because of poor planning.
4. Focus on keeping staff motivated.Christmas is fun but it can also be stressful. For salon owners and employees it is the busiest time of the year. Show how much you value them as members of your team. Agree time off well in advance – aim to have your December calendar scheduled early. Treat your team to a Christmas party or team event to celebrate everyone’s hard work. Happy staff means happy customers!
5. Spread some festive fun and treat loyal clients.Showing your festive fun side will help clients get into the mood for their own celebrations. Offer mulled wine and mince pies to make them feel special and get them ready for Christmas.
6. Emphasise a no show and cancellation policy.This is your most profitable time – make sure no one wastes your time by not turning up. Enforcing your rules sets an example for future clients – to reduce no shows.
7. Communicate with clients to show your appreciationAppreciate their support over the years. Send Christmas cards or a festive thank you email. Include a voucher for a discounted treatment in January when business is slower. This can also serve to remind them to book their appointments well in advance. The silly season doesn’t have to be stressful. If you start your salon Christmas preparation in advance it will go a long way to making the experience more enjoyable – and more profitable!
SkinBase™ is one of the world’s leading providers of professional beauty machines trusted by over 2,200 accredited salons and spas and more than 4,000 estheticians!
Find out more about how a partnership with SkinBase™ can increase the profitability of your salon or medspa today.