The day to day running of your business can easily distract you from your long-term goals and it’s easy to lose motivation when this happens. So, if you feel like your business has become a bit stagnant, it’s time to kick a new lease of life into it.
Take yourself on Mystery Shopping Trip
Mystery shopping has been around for decades. Its premise is that a stranger is paid to use the services or buy products from businesses and rate them on how good the experience was. However, the kind of mystery shopping trip we want you to take is a little different…
Take yourself out on a beauty shopping trip. Choose a salon or spa that epitomises the salon/spa experience for you and that you aspire to emulate. Go as a client but keep your business brain switched on to analyse the experience. Take in what it’s really like from the minute you walk in the door to the feelings you experience when you leave. It’s a totally self-indulgent form of research which is why we absolutely love it!
Pay Close Attention
When you conduct your mystery shopping salon adventure, pay attention to every single detail and compare it to how you currently do things. Think about:
• How they greet you – are they warm, smiley and friendly?
• How they engage with you – are they thorough and informative during your consultation?
• What the service is like – do you feel at ease, calm, relaxed and comfortable?
• Are there any extras – have you been offered a beverage, snacks or something to read? If so, what is their crockery and magazine selection like?
• What the vibe is like – is it a good place to be and are you happy with the service?
• Would you go back?
Enjoy your time, soak it all in, and then go back to your own business and analyse it the same way that you have just done to establish how you can make improvements. It’s a great way to not only pamper yourself for a change but to also seek inspiration and guidance at a time when you’re not feeling creative or motivated.